Who doesn’t love hot chocolate during a cold day outside during the winter right? Well my great friends at Kingsford charcoal and Chris Lilly have put together the ultimate hot chocolate to make at your grill! Yes, you heard me right follow this recipe and you can make it at the grill!
This recipe is something that you should try oh wait, YOU NEED to try the next time you and your family or that special someone in your life are outside and need some warmth! So I hope that you enjoy! Just don’t forget where you found the recipe first at your #1 website and source for the latest barbecue and grilling recipes and news: Grilling with Rich
- 2½ cups whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 pinches of salt
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- ½ cup milk chocolate chips
- 6 large marshmallows
- 2 ounces vanilla vodka
- 2 ounces peppermint schnapps
- Preheat the grill using Kingsford charcoal until the internal temperature reaches 450 Fahrenheit. While the grill is preheating, add the milk, heavy cream ad salt into a small sauce pan. Place the pan directly over the hot coals until the liquid begins to steam.
- Whisk in the cocoa powder. When the liquid starts to boil, remove the pan from the grill and add chocolate chips. Set aside to allow the chocolate to melt.
- While the chocolate melts, place two marshmallows on the end of a grill fork. Roast the marshmallows over the charcoal fire until they turn toasty brown. Repeat until all 6 marshmallows are toasted. Place one marshmallow into each mug, set aside.
- Whisk the hot milk mixture vigorously until the melted chocolate blends evenly.
- Pour the hot chocolate over the charcoal roasted marshmallows and service, adding vanilla vodka and peppermint schnapps, if desired. (Don’t forget that you must be over 21 to drink!!)